~The Illuminated Word Project~
a project to take scripture and express it through photography

This is a blog circle of seven other photographers and I. Our monthly goal is to find a scripture during our personal studies that resonates with us at this moment in time, create or capture an image that we feel fits that scripture, and then to share it.

Make sure to follow the links to the next photographer in the circle, until you have visited all of us. I hope you enjoy and find a little extra spiritual light to help you on your own life's journey.

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

August - Patience


1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:
2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.
3 And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;
4 And patience, experience; and experience, hope:

5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.
Romans 5: 1-5

I must admit I do not feel like I glory in tribulation.  I don't like tribulation, it's hard!  But ever since I heard this scripture several weeks ago I have been thinking about it.  Trials are inevitable in our lives and as much as I wish my life was peaceful and easy, the trials do serve a purpose.  I know that the hard times in my life draw me closer to the Lord and give me a real appreciation for the reality of the atonement in my life.  But I really love what this scripture teaches me about tribulations.  They bring patience (and I can always use more patience in my life) and that patience brings us experience and that experience brings us hope.  I do love hope.  I love having hope in my life.  It brings me happiness and peace.  

Taking this picture was not a tribulation, but it did require patience.  It took me a half an hour, while using the car door windowsill as a makeshift tripod, while my boys slept in the back seat.  I really wanted to be able to capture the beauty of this sunset storm.  To me it represents the beauty that a storm can bring, and the promise of beautiful skies after it clears.  

To continue on in the circle visit

4 comments:

  1. Wow, that is quite the photograph!!!! So very very stunning, and your patience certainly paid off!!! I really appreciate you sharing this scripture today, I too love hope, and need patience in my life.

    I hope you will print this image HUGE to hang in your home as a constant reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful picture! Your post reminds me of an adventurous middle of the night "photo shoot" of the Logan light. That was fun. I love you Sarah & I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work, Sarah. Thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this photo, Sarah. I am amazed at what a beautiful daughter I was privileged to raise and enjoy seeing your talents and understanding expressed so beautifully. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete