~The Illuminated Word Project~
a project to take scripture and express it through photography

This is a blog circle of seven other photographers and I. Our monthly goal is to find a scripture during our personal studies that resonates with us at this moment in time, create or capture an image that we feel fits that scripture, and then to share it.

Make sure to follow the links to the next photographer in the circle, until you have visited all of us. I hope you enjoy and find a little extra spiritual light to help you on your own life's journey.

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

June - The Way To Go

"Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it"
Proverbs 22:6
I worry so much about my boys.  They will grow up being raised by two different sets of parents with two different sets of moral standards.  This is something that has weighed heavily on my mind this summer and I have been searching for constant inspiration on.  I gain strength and focus from this scripture.  I pray that I am training them, giving them all they need to make good decisions for themselves as they grow up.  I need to remember to put my trust in the Lord, that He will help me help them, and that He will always be there with them, to guide them, even when I cannot be. 

3 comments:

  1. I think in times like this, you have to do your best and then as you said..TRUST. so hard for us, but HE will provide and be there for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wouldn't it have been easier if he had just died lol...sorry about that, you know my crazy sense of humour. I am often baffled by how it works out for parents when they split and the standards of one set differs from the standards of the other. I agree you can only do your best and TRUST for the rest. There are no easy answers but I do know having two committed, active parents doesn't guarantee the kids keep it all together either. I honestly think parenting is the biggest trial of our continued faith we encounter here on earth.
    I love his photo of the boys! It's so boyish, active, fun and busy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah, you are doing great. You love your boys and are doing your best to teach them what they need to know. You have chosen a good man to help you and be a good example to the boys. As you continue to teach and help them, Heavenly Father will bless you and them.

    Love this picture, they are truly very lively boys. We love you all.

    ReplyDelete