~The Illuminated Word Project~
a project to take scripture and express it through photography

This is a blog circle of seven other photographers and I. Our monthly goal is to find a scripture during our personal studies that resonates with us at this moment in time, create or capture an image that we feel fits that scripture, and then to share it.

Make sure to follow the links to the next photographer in the circle, until you have visited all of us. I hope you enjoy and find a little extra spiritual light to help you on your own life's journey.

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

May - Of Roses and Thorns

"Nevertheless, I did look unto my God, 
and I did praise him all the day long, 
I did not murmur against the Lord because of mine afflictions."
1 Nephi 18:16
To continue on in the blog circle, please visit

Trials and afflictions are a part of this life, 
there is no avoiding that simple truth.  
But there is another simple truth, 
and that is that life is full of beauty and blessings.
They make it all more than worth while.  
I cannot avoid the hard times, 
but I will praise the Lord for all the beauty in my life.

1 comment:

  1. oh, what a wonderful reminder we all need. the Lord will always take us through trials but i have seen blessings always flow through. thank you for this today!!! i am so happy to join you on this journey!

    ReplyDelete