~The Illuminated Word Project~
a project to take scripture and express it through photography

This is a blog circle of seven other photographers and I. Our monthly goal is to find a scripture during our personal studies that resonates with us at this moment in time, create or capture an image that we feel fits that scripture, and then to share it.

Make sure to follow the links to the next photographer in the circle, until you have visited all of us. I hope you enjoy and find a little extra spiritual light to help you on your own life's journey.

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

November - Stillness

"Be still, and know that I am God..."
Psalms 46:10
To continue on in the blog circle visit

Ok, so this picture didn't turn out exactly as hoped but I hope you get the gist of it.
My life is crazy.  
I am always stressed.  
I don't have enough hours in my day.
I have big "grown up" type decisions to make.
I expect perfection of myself.
I deal with health issues, emotional issues.
Some days I feel like I just can't handle it all.  And then I realize that those are the days I have not been putting my trust in the Lord, putting my faith in to His plan, His timing and letting him work peace in my life.  I can be a bit of a control freak and maybe a bit impatient too.  Yet, when I look back over my life I can see how I have been guided, protected, loved and blessed by the Lord.  So I need to remember to Be Still; to let myself trust in the Lord and to make sure I am letting Him guide me through my everyday life
And I pray that whatever your challenges, trials, imperfections may be that you too will be able to feel the Lord work peace in your life.

3 comments:

  1. I know the feeling! I think the picture captures it perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. amen. I agree with Diana, we know the feeling. you captured it perfectly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true and such a great image and verse. So hard to do as a Momma though!!!

    ReplyDelete